Thursday, March 6, 2008

If You Build It, They Will Come.

I mostly finalized the Building Costs Card this morning. Have a look see:



It's simple and elegant, yet maintains the graphic theme used on the card backs. I didn't put a little graphic of the roads, settlements, or cities on the card; the reasons being that I would want to put on an actual photographic image of those 3D pieces - which are not yet constructed, and the card is smaller than the commercial game's version - since I'm opting to use the same playing card sized card for ALL the cards, including the special cards. I don't think the lack of graphic for the various buildable/purchasable elements is problematic in any way.

Now I'm moving on to the final design of the Resource Cards faces. I'm still debating whether or not I want to try to include a small banner at the bottom showing how each particular resource card can be used to build stuff. That'll take experimentation to see if it works out or not.

No comments: