Monday, March 24, 2008

Soldiering On

It's been a while since my last update. Between the overtime, and the not quite up to par new laptop, it's been difficult to make a lot of progress on this progress. I have been working on it though, a bit at a time.

I decided to go ahead and work on the graphics for the soldiers. That's been a very interesting learning experience. I've never been very good at drawing people before; but the work I've been doing on on my first soldier is causing me to rethink that opinion.

All I've got done so far is the face; I still have to add the hair and ears before moving on to the rest of the body. Nevertheless, the result is very encouraging so far. It's more realistic looking, and less iconic, than the resource icons; but I don't think that's such a bad thing.

Have a look see at what I've accomplished so far:



I don't know how many hours I've spent on this one face so far; it's quite a few, that's for sure.

Of all the graphics to be done for this game, I get the feeling the soldiers are gonna be the ones that take the longest to do.

I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong with the eyes; or rather, I know what's wrong with them, I just don't know exactly to to fix them. I'll be working on that soon.

2 comments:

Leo "14thWarrior" M. Lalande said...

After looking at the face for some time now, I've finally realized what really seems to be wrong with the eyes.

Dude's got no eyelids! I'll have to fix that up soon. Maybe that will make it look right.

Chris G. said...

In addition to the no eyelids the they also seem to be to small for the face.