Saturday, February 16, 2008

Drawing a Line In The Sand

As I look back at the icons that I mostly traced from the original set (the wood and sheep), and look at those that I created from scratch (the wheat and bricks), I'm realizing that I'm no longer happy with the wood and the sheep icons.

I'm proud of the custom icons I created, and the mostly traced icons don't quite fit the look of the new/from scratch icons. It all boils down to the black outlines. On the traced icons, the outlines are mostly thick throughout and have a sketchy not so clean look; whereas the new icons are cleaner and thave thinner outlines on the inside with thick bold outlining around the perimeter only.

I like the general concept of the two traced icons, but I think I'm gonna rework 'em to be more in line with my new icons. I'll probably do that after I finish the rock icon though.

No comments: