Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Stihl Looking For Ewe

I finally got my wood and sheep icons redrawn to be more consistent with the other scratch drawn icons. The wood is very similar to what it looked like before, but the sheep is definitely very different. All in all though, I'm very much happier with these new icons than I was with the old ones.



With these new icons finished, I can move on to other graphics work.

I've started work on a card back design; it will feature my own personal arms (which are unofficial) but may be modified in some way as a tribute to Mayfair's Settlers of Catan arms logo - the shield with the sailboat and sun.

I've also started working on designs for the knights, or soldiers as they are known in some sets. I decided that I want to use revolution era french military as my soldiers; I've always liked the uniforms of that era.

I am tempted to create a variety of soldier designs inspired by some famous canadian battles of that approximate time period. For example, the french-indian war, and the war of 1812 are important periods in the history of Canada; it would be cool to pay tribute to that. I'm just worried about the amount of work that would be involved.

So, that's where I'm headed next in this project; I'm sure I'll have another new update some time soon.

No comments: