Friday, February 29, 2008

At Arms Length

As I mentioned previously, I planned on using my personal arms (unofficial, and currently only a shield without foundation, supporters, mantle, or crest as the basis for my custom Settlers of Catan logo.

Described in layman's terms, my personal arms would be a two swans facing each other, swimming on rolling water, above a broad white stripe on which rests a signle purple ring, all atop a purple field - the field being the entire face of the shield.

To customize it for my Settlers of Catan build, I removed the white stripe and purple ring, and instead put a rising sun at the base of the shield.

I think it looks pretty cool, and will look really sharp on the card backs. As an aside, the card backs, are another element I have to think about; there are multiple types of cards in the game that will each need a distinct card back design. It'll probably be a simple matter of using different background colors behind the shield and whatever other embellishments I decide to put on the card backs.

In any case, have a look see:

No comments: