Thursday, February 28, 2008

What The Flock Is Going On Here?!

I like my little sheep icon, but it just seemed to be missing something. It turns out what it was missing was a thicker coat of wool. I started playing around with the sheep icon to see how it looked with a fatter, thicker wool growth; that experimenting yielded surprisingly nice results.

So, after a bit more revision, I had a sheep with a thicker unshorn coat of wool. Since I was revising a copy of my sheep icon, I also had a sheep with a thinner, seemingly shorn coat. I decided to put the two together. The result is synergistic; the two sheep icon looks even better than either of the sheep on their own.

Have a look see...



On a side note, I've been doing some research into polymer clay sources locally (in the Kitchener, ON area); specifically, Fimo clay sources. Hobby and Toy Central, near the Costco on King Street sells Fimo. Fimo Soft seems to be the more popular and common product, but they do also carry the more desirable Fimo Classic. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Michael's probably stocks Fimo clay also. I'll probably be going to H&TC, though; they're local, and can probably be of more immediate assistance with special ordering items they don't have in stock.

No comments: